Monday, April 4, 2011

the wild and the tame

"What should I do about the wild and the tame?
The wild heart that wants to be free, and the tame heart
that wants to come home. I want to be held.
I don't want you to come too close. I want you to scoop
me up and bring me home at nights. I don't want to tell you where I am.
I want to keep a place among the rocks where no one can find me.
I want to be with you."

- Jeanette Winterson

I found this quote weeks ago, but couldn't really relate to it. I knew it was something I would never want to forget and so I printed it out and stuck it to my bulletin board. Now, being in a state of confusion about love, I was desperate to find a way to put my feelings into words; and then I looked up. There in the corner of my bulletin board was my comfort. Nothing better describes my emotions at this moment in time then this paragraph of words. 

No comments:

Post a Comment