Thursday, January 17, 2013

what color is your parachute?


I was just introduced to the book What Color Is Your Parachute: A Practical Manual for Job-Hunters and Career-Changers by Richard Bolles. At first I questioned how well it could relate to the situation I'm in being that it was first written 40 years ago. To my surprise, Dick, as he goes by, rewrites the book every year! What a noble feat. 
So last night, I went to my local Barnes and Noble (one of my favorite places to get inspired) and picked up a copy. I read the first two chapters before I even left the store. Finally! The book I've been looking for!

If you're like me, a 23 year old college graduate with a desire to grow and an ambition to find meaningful work, this book is for you.
If you're unfulfilled at your current job and want to see what else is out there, this book is for you.
If you've just been fired or let go and are feeling discouraged, this book is for you.

To check out some more information about Richard Bolles and absorb some of his great information, take a look at his website http://www.jobhuntersbible.com/.





No comments:

Post a Comment