Sunday, March 27, 2011

i know you can't judge a book by its cover, but what if they don't have books?

"we need to make books cool again. if you go home with somebody
and they don't have books, don't fuck them."
-john waters

absolutely love this. i wouldn't consider myself a huge reader, although i really wish i was. when i do decide to pick up a book, there is nothing like the smell of the pages, or cracking the spine for the first time, or underlining a phrase you want to remember. my favorite part of books to be honest are the cover art. although you literally can't judge a book by its cover, it's the first thing that draws my attention. a lot of the books that i do have, whether i've read them or not are around my room for decoration. icons of fashion leans up against a mirror while european garden design sits on a night stand and catcher in the rye, the boys of my youth, alice in wonderland, and slouching towards bethlehem are stacked in the corner of my desk. 
i will never buy an e-reader. ew.

No comments:

Post a Comment