Monday, March 14, 2011

Third Eye Blind - Wounded

"that's just my battle scar"

This is one of my favorite quotes from a Third Eye Blind song called Wounded. If I keep this up I'm sure you will see a lot more from their songs. I've had a thing for them since high school and it's something that my sister and I have always agreed on. I think this quote says, yeah I have hurt but that's just whats left of it, the scar. Says that it's ok to be wounded, but pick yourself up and keep going. The scar will always be there but keep it as a reminded of how strong you can be. I think a mistake that people make is trying to forget the past. The past is just as important as the present and future; maybe even more important. Life is all about lessons, and those lessons turn into the past. If you never learned that 2+2=4 then you'd never be able to know that 2+2+6=10. So remember, and embrace the past and just learn from it. When someone asks, tell them that's just your battle scar. Be proud of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment