Friday, March 11, 2011

So, what do you want to do?

"I didn't know what I wanted to do, 
but I always knew the woman I wanted to be." 
-Diane Von Furstenberg

With graduation coming up in less than three month, I keep getting the "So what do you want to do?" question followed by the "you do know what you want to do with your life, right?" look. I hate them both. I think I can blame growing up in Westchester County for that. I have no idea what I want to do, but I've always known the kind of path I want to go down. I want to be an experienced woman. I don't know if I will ever have a set career because there are too many things I want to try. Isn't that the point of life, to experience? I'm not sure when sitting on a computer a week after graduation updating my Facebook status because I'm so bored, hoping that one day I'll work my way up in this damn company, became something to strive for? Whatever it is that I do, I will be successful (whatever that means) because deep down I know I want to make a mark on the world. 
That's enough thinking for now. It's 3:47 in the morning and if I don't learn to sleep I won't be able to experience anything. 

No comments:

Post a Comment